The shop assistant is responsible for the support of day-to-day shop floor operations.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Parts Washer
- Broaching parts as needed
- Pressing sub, and full, assemblies together
- Assembly Department (assist as needed)
- Empty chip hoppers
- Pull pallets, boxes and/or bins for different departments
- Pull materials and deliver to work cells
- Move finished parts from work cells to warehouse staging area
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is exposed to hazards such as metal chips, oils and cutting fluids, and proximity to moving parts which require adherence to safety procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms. This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 70lbs. The employee may be required to move or transfer products with an overhead crane, pallet jack and/or forklift (with license).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a steady hand and good eyesight.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical situations.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Interpersonal communication skills characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication and effective listening skills.
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Ability to meet production goals for quality and quantity.
- High level of dependability.
- Flexibility with time and schedule, and availability for overtime when required.
- One year related experience, training and/or technical education.
- Experience reading part prints or drawings, and/or machining work orders.
- Experience using standard quality inspection tools and gages.
- Demonstrated problem solving and reasoning ability in a manufacturing environment.