The Shipping and Receiving Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities of the shipping and receiving operations including supervision of department staff, maintaining an efficient, accurate flow of incoming and outgoing parts and products, and managing inventory.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with vendors as appropriate and determine shipping priorities and methods required to meet shipping schedules.
- Prepare outgoing orders for shipment and arrange shipping transportation that optimizes service and cost.
- Examine and verify contents of incoming and outgoing shipments for quality and quantity against records such as orders, invoices, or packing slips.
- Inform appropriate parties and document discrepancies or nonconformities impacting billing, production or quality.
- Investigate and resolve or recommend resolution for shipping and receiving issues – contact appropriate parties to rectify problems.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately to reflect an accurate inventory position at any time – conduct annual inventory audit.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness in warehouse storage operations.
- Supervise shipping and receiving staff – assess team members’ performance and support training and development activities as appropriate to build on strengths and weaknesses.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the shipping and receiving clerk position.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is exposed to shipping and receiving and warehouse hazards such as proximity forklift operations and heavy materials which require adherence to safety procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms. This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 50lbs. The employee may be required to move or transfer products with an overhead crane, pallet jack and/or forklift (with license).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of experience.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical situations.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication (verbally & in writing) and effective listening skills.
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Strong spatial reasoning skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word, and standard shipping carrier software.
- Organization and records management skills.
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills and ability to work well with others.
- High level of dependability.
- Two or more years of applicable post-secondary education.
- Supervisory experience within shipping and receiving, warehouse or manufacturing industry.
- Experience using a forklift, pallet jack, weight scale, banding machine, packaging tools and other common shipping and receiving/warehouse tools and equipment.
- Familiarity with ISO standards.