The Shipping and Receiving Clerk handles incoming and outgoing shipments of products and supplies in an efficient, timely manner ensuring products are shipped according to customer specification and company quality standards.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure incoming product is received, verified for accuracy and delivered within the company in a timely manner.
- Gather and prepare outgoing products in accordance with daily shipping assignments – locate and pull products from the warehouse using a FIFO method, verify quantity, document inventory changes, and package product appropriately for safe shipping.
- Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness in warehouse storage operations.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is exposed to shipping and receiving and warehouse hazards such as proximity forklift operations and heavy materials which require adherence to safety procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms. This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 70lbs. The employee may be required to move or transfer products with an overhead crane, pallet jack and/or forklift (with license).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical situations.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication (verbally & in writing) and effective listening skills.
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Strong spatial reasoning skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word, and standard shipping carrier software.
- Strong skills in detail orientation and accuracy.
- High level of dependability.
- Flexibility with time and schedule, and availability for overtime when required.
- Previous experience within shipping and receiving or warehouse operations.
- Experience using a forklift, pallet jack, weight scale, banding machine, packaging tools and other common shipping and receiving/warehouse tools and equipment.