This position assembles, disassembles or fabricates parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications and packages product per work instructions
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Preps parts, pieces or products for painting.
- Paints surfaces using spray guns.
- Packages completed assemblies.
- Verify and maintain inventory of assembly and paint area parts and products.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is exposed to hazards such as metal chips, oils and cutting fluids, and proximity to moving parts which require adherence to safety procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms. This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 70lbs. The employee may be required to move or transfer products with an overhead crane, pallet jack and/or forklift (with license).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical situations.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Interpersonal communication skills characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication and effective listening skills.
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Attention to detail and self-motivation skills.
- High level of dependability.
- Flexibility with time and schedule, and availability for overtime when required.
- One year or relevant work experience in mechanical assembly
- Experience reading part prints or drawings, and/or machining work orders.