The receptionist/office assistant will perform routine secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing and recordkeeping.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Provide administrative support such as invoicing, receiving, purchase orders, scanning and records management.
- Maintain spreadsheets for employee daily sheets and scrap logs.
- Back-up G drive on a daily basis.
- Provide assistance with accounts payable.
- Maintain office and shipping supply inventory.
- Manage filing system.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to repetitive motion presented by navigating a computer and typing.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee on a continuous basis will be required to sit, twist/turn and neck flexion/extension. This position requires continuous hand and finger dexterity, wrist rotation and extension, and grasping. The employee on an occasional basis will be required to stand, walk, reach with their arms, squat/kneel, forward bend, push/pull, neck rotation, forearm rotation and light pinch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 50lbs and carry up to 30 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication (verbally & in writing) and effective listening skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Organization and records management skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work well with others.
- High level of dependability.
- High attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Previous receptionist experience.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic accounting skills.